Sunday, September 25, 2011

Run Skubi Run...

Its Sunday night and I just went out to get some bread from Paris Baguette, they have them on every corner.  As I was coming back, I could feel the presence of someone staring at me.  He's a middle age Corean man staring at me.  I'm thinking that I am going to just ignore him today and not turn around or anything.  (Keep in mind this happens to us daily here.)  Ha! But me being me (Skubi.)  I turned around anyways and looked at him to let him know I see you staring and I am human.  Before I can even turn my neck all the way around I see this dude stop dead in his tracks, still in shock.  You'd think because I've finally made some kind of eye contact with him he'd finally snap out of it, but he doesn't.  Then I see he starts reaching in his pocket digging for his phone.  Oh no! I know what is going to happen next... Yep you guessed it he is going to try to take a picture of me.  In my mind, this isn't a freak museum.  So, I thought of the "Manikin Stunt Double Routine" (I'm sure I won't tell the story just as good, but here goes... A foreigner in one of our Facebook groups named "Brothas & Sistas of South Korea" posted a comment during a discussion about "Coreans staring" He stated, once he was in a store, these guys were driving by, saw him and stopped their car to look at him, so since he was near a couple of manikins he decided to be one too! Lol!  Of course, the guys in the truck were, so confused.  I think after they started driving off he ran and started laughing at them.)  While he was digging for his phone I looked for a place to hide, but I couldn't find one, instead I decided I had one choice left.... RUN!!!  I ran hahahahhahaa and turned the corner, that man is probably still digging for his phone! 


I love my life!! *Follow My Life in South Corea*

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT - I AM ROLLING OVER HERE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...lol. you should have taken out you phone and taken a pic of him.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Linda - Haha! Good idea! I will do that next time! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Followers