Saturday, August 17, 2013

Would you marry yourself?

Would you marry yourself? A question posed on a show called RBDiva's, later on the ladies went to "marry" themselves. One of the ladies started breaking down and crying saying that she needed to forgive herself if she doesn't have a child. That's really her desire. She beats herself up about not having a child at the age she of 47.  I began to break down b/c I to need to forgive myself for feeling like I should be married by now, or should have been by 30.  Every year, I turn an age I'm always looking at the next age.  When I was 29 I mentally already thought I was 30.  I'm disappointing myself from the jump.  This is something that I have to work on, seriously. I have to forgive myself that it didn't workout with me & ex right before I turned 30, and not just that, but the fact that it didn't workout with us and he moved on so quickly and married another, and thinking I could have prevented it if I was more patient, more understand, and maybe if I didn't break up with him so many times he would have married me.  Today is August 17, 2013, I can't go back to March 2012 and change the emails I sent, or the words I said, or the nasty text I sent.  I have to live for today, even though the painful breakup haunts me.  I have to forgive myself, so that I can be a better me, and so that I can feel confident saying "I would marry myself!" I have to let the past stay in the past and give myself forgiveness.  I vow to value myself first even when it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers