Thursday, December 17, 2009

Boys Will be Boys!

I forgot to tell you about this incident a few weeks ago lol, but I just thought about it so it is good as ever.

I was walking up to the school one day, and I heard one student calling my name. At first, I wasn't even going to say too much, not that I was being rude, but the kids are always calling my name, some of them just like to say it because it is different to them. However, I did look up just in time to hear them say "Jessica...fire, fire, fire!" I was puzzled for a minute because I saw no fire, so again I was thinking these kids do not see any fire, they just want to scream any English they learn lol. I get closer to the building and finally this little boy says it again "Jessica...fire, fire, ooolah!" Then he starts running away from the door.  Next, thing I know I see a match or lighter in his hand.  Whoa!! Wait a minute I see a burnt piece of paper too.  What in the world are these 1st and 2nd graders doing outside, and by the door. It was about 5 boys.  Who need to be in class.  I go upstairs and thank God a teacher is coming down the hallway I grab her because she doesn't know English. I lead her to the boys and said fire! LOL! She was telling them to stop or something, but strangely enough it didn't seem like a big deal to her. So, I wonder if they do this all the time because another English teacher at another school about 4 hours away from me said a few boys were trying to light something on fire at her school too. Ha! I say people are the same in SOME ways no matter where you are or what planet you live on. 

The kids make my day, what would our world be like without kids and old people "senior citizens." I love them both. I think this is the age when we are the most gentle, tender, and caring human-beings. :D (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers