Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How do you show you care for someone when there is a language barrier?

How do you show you care for someone when there is a language barrier?  How can you be nice if words have no meaning to someone who doesn't share the same language?

A smile,
A nod,
A gesture
A smile with your eyes, etc
Many of these things I have seen in Korea, it is nice to know that some people are allowing themselves to express themselves in a positive manner, to those that are different from them.  It sure makes me glad that my mother stressed the importance of knowing a man's (woman's) worth by their character and actions, rather than how they look physically. The heart is important, and yes sometimes you can notice a good heart without speaking the same language. Also, not allowing a persons physical characteristics distract you from, knowing their character is mighty important.

2 comments:

  1. oh my god ! ! that is outrageous! I never know they pick their votes based on ancestry.. mmm i wonder which clan has the highest percentage in the population. I would say the Parks and the Kims are at the top.. but I don't really know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I would go with the Kim's too! :) Thanks for blogging with me... more videos to come soon... stay tuned! My Mudfest adventure is soon to be displayed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers