Sunday, June 6, 2010

I don't know what you said, but I DO know what you said...

I love it when you are in another country and you can't communicate to each other yet you know exactly what the other person is saying and they understand you as well. I have had 2 incidents recently, where all I could do was smile or laugh... that's better than frowning, eh!?

One ajuma (older lady) comes up to me and says something in Korean, she has a big smile on her face and looks as if she wants to pull my cheeks. All I can assume is she thinks I am so cute! LOL! Or fat! Haha! Either way she was smiling and so peaceful when she said it, couldn't have been too bad, right?! ;)

The second incident was with another ajuma.  She is walking up a 100 steps, and when she gets to the top, she says something in Korean like "Whew!"  I meet her at the steps and laugh and she knows I understand her completely, b/c I laughed. Haha! She then says something else in Korean. So, I know that she had to say something like "I am tired." "Those stairs killed me" or "I ain't never coming this way again".... something of that nature, lol! Poor ajuma! : (  Those steps are brutal too!

I love it when these things happen! Again, its better than all the bad things that I could see, right!? :)

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers