Thursday, July 29, 2010

Arirang Korean Radio Station

During my week of vacation, last week, I decided to explore around Seoul during my time off during the week, since some of my friends were on vacation, but others were still working. It was a little difficult to make major travel plans. Well, on my way back to Nambu bus terminal, where I catch the express bus back home to Songtan, a lady stopped me and asked me if I speak English and wants to interview me because they are trying to promote Korea and she wanted to ask me about my stay here, and how I like Korea.  Of course, I couldn't turn the spotlight off... so I agreed to be interviewed.  It was my 5 minutes of fame, of course I said YES!!! Lol!


I was thinking she asked the wrong, but right person.  I was thinking I would take the might and hit the stage, maybe do a little number, sing a little something for the listeners! Hehe! Not really. 

Here are some of the questions she asked me.  

Why did I come to Korea?
How do I like Korea?

What do I do here for fun?
Do I like teaching? Is it easy to teach or difficult?
Where do I live (specifically, what city in Korea)?
My answer for this are always difficult. I always wanted to travel abroad and at the time Korea was the happening place, easy place to get a gig, in my opinion. It was a place where my brother had lived because he was stationed here in the Army twice and he spoke highly about Korea. He told me I would fit right in, I would be fine and I would love it.

I like Korea, I mean yeah sometimes it is hard to handle being away from home.  However, for your first time abroad I would say this is a good location. I am saying that from this being my first location. I feel like I fair pretty well here. I know it could be soooo much worse! Despite some other things that have happened to me, which I will blog about later. Korea, isnt so bad and there are enough foreigners here to make you feel comfortable.  Korean people do try to speak English and can help you when necessary, but if they in a hurry move out the way!!! LOL! They will knock you down, being in a hurrry! :)

What I do here for fun? Well, recently I participated in the Mudfestival out in Boryeong. I also am going rafting this weekend, during the summer Korea is a fun place, you can hangout at all the beaches with friends. Skydiving, bunjee jumping and many more events are offered here. Just be safe, have a good time and its all at a reasonable cost, most of the time.

Teaching is easy for me, I think its more of my area of expertise. Not that I am an expert because I am still learning, but it comes natural for me.  That would be a better choice of words. :) I really do find it to be easy because most of the kids enjoy learning English, so it does make things flow smoothly.

I live in Songtan, twin city to Pyeongtaek, many foreigners also call it "Osan" because of the United States Air force Base... named Osan.

Well, I had a good time interviewing with them and they also asked me to request a song. I went with "Summer, Summer time" by Will Smith, since it is the summer season and that is a great summer jam of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers