Tuesday, January 5, 2010

FIRST THINGS FIRST, ITS A NEW YEAR!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

To start off I am one of those people that doesn't really like to make New Year's resolutions. It's not so much I am against, want to be different, or think it is dumb. I just don't like to make promises I can't keep and that is simply it! For me, anyone that knows "Jessica "Skubi" C. Harris" knows that I am always thinking of something new, different, and by the time the end of the year comes I might be doing the opposite of that, not because I can't make up my mind. It is because I am adventurous at heart. 

I always think it is a good idea to have goals and have a plan. I am already planning for my next adventure after my contract ends here.  Its hard to imagine planning for something else, when I've only been here 3 months and one day (today.)  See, that's one good thing about life, you are always preparing for the next step. 

I was watching a youtube video the other day, and this girl was saying she doesn't like to make New Year's resolutions. She said the reason is because she likes to reflect back on the last 4 weeks of every month, to see what she did good and what she can improve on next month. I was in awe, because I never thought about this, this is a brilliant idea.  I am not saying that I will be doing this, but its a good thought or even if you reflected back every ninety days, or maybe we should reflect back every day when we say our prayers, and then close our eyes. We could ask ourselves "God what did I do today to please you?" Also, when we wake up in the morning "God, what CAN or MUST I do to please you?"

Reflect on this, in the upcoming year and lets all see what God will do in our lives.  I am far from perfect, but no matter my situation (think of the word situation entirely) I want to be more like you, even if it is one habit at a time in my sin, Lord, bring me closer to you.

Reflect and let God!!

2 comments:

  1. may God continue to lead you, and make you and help you be more decisive!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers