Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We Run it!?! Quick Facts

I am soooo proud to be an American! This is a great adventure for me...I am just popping in for a small fact update.

Did you know that Americans hold the highest number in population, for foreigner Teachers in South Korea?  We have the largest number of foreign teachers in South Korea.  By the way, I do get "bragging rights" on my blog, here goes.... when I was at the GEPIK Orientation, I won a prize because I knew that 54% of Americans make up the percentage of foreign teachers, that teach for the Gyeonggi-do Public School Province.

My mom always says, if you can read, you can do anything. No one else knew the answer, and it was right in our Dr. GEPIK book, which I had been reading since I arrived in South Korea! So, I won a cheap little prize! Actually, it was delicious, it was a Kit-Kat and not a Kit-Ker cause they do have those as immitations. (Don't waste your money.) Hehe! YAY! : )

The numbers below are for ALL of South Korea, not just the GEPIK Program, which I work under.

As of October 2008, the number of E2 visa holders by nationality was reported as: (E-2 Visas are for Foreign Language Teachers)


What is the nationality breakdown of English Teachers in Korea?

15,238 Americans "WE RUN IT!!!" (In a nice way... )  :)


10,111 Canadians


3,021 Britons


1,412 South Africans


1,162 New Zealanders


1,158 Australians


1,051 Chinese


978 Japanese


626 Irish


56 French

 
Note that these figures do not include those teaching in Korea under other visa categories such as E1 or J4. (It doesn't matter "We still run it" LOL!)

The information was provided by http://www.korea4expats.com/

1 comment:

  1. Good info. Great advice from your mom on the reading thing. Lol@Kit-Ker.

    ReplyDelete

Followers