Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blurts & Blurps II

BLURP

It is nice to see other people that look like myself (teachers, military, civilian employees) experiencing life in Korea.


BLURTS:

It is too bad that we don't speak to one another or we take it lightly to see another Black person or American in Korea.  It is also sad to me that when this was brought up in a group discussion other Black American's felt that it was no big deal and some of us were making this to be more of an issue than necessary.  But maybe that is the issue that we don't think it is an issue.  Yes, I am going to throw Obama in the mix...when Obama won the election I mean Black people spoke to each other for a whole year, some for a whole month.  I mean why does it have to stop, why do we have to pretend as if we don't see each other on the streets.  I will say in the South it isn't as bad, but for the most part this is an issue for our culuture everywhere.  Most of you reading this blog know that I spent much of my time in Wichita, KS getting to know other African's and learning about their culture.  I just will never understand how one Kenyan/Nigeran/Tanzanian, can take a complete stranger into their home and allow them to stay as long as necessary, just based on the facts they are from the same tribe or because they are a friend of a friend yet we complain about saying "hi" or smiling to another Black person or American on the street. 

Okay, okay I am ranting and raving about the issue, but it is an issue.  Regardless, if we want to acknowledge it as an issue or not. It is something our culture should work towards embracing one another.  Not just Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, etc, but each other, because we are a culture we are Americans.  I guess I am just re-learning some things or maybe I am just embracing what I've already known & felt.  

All of this may sound too deep or petty, but I think it is something to give thought, and it is something to work on and grow from.

Remember this is just my take...S.O (signing out) ;)

2 comments:

  1. Right on my daughter! Every person deserves to be recognized, loved and treated fairly! Love you my sweetie! God bless U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Mommie! You're the best! :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers